The McCarton Foundation is a non-profit organization on a 20-year mission to bring exceptional treatment and services to children with autism and other developmental disabilities. We believe in the ability that exists within every child and that all children deserve the opportunity to reach their full potential.
In Fall 2018, the McCarton Foundation opened their newest Bronx Center - an Early Intervention agency providing center-based and home-based services in ABA, Speech, Physical and Occupational Therapies to young children at no cost to families.
McCarton Center Bronx is looking to hire individuals with a passion for working with children with disabilities for our 1:1 classroom assistant role.
Working with the direction of the Head Teacher and Director of ABA Therapy, the Classroom Assistant will utilize Applied Behavioral Analysis to help Therapists treat children with autism as a 1:1 assistant in a group setting. The role will require communicating with a variety of professionals and parents, managing children’s data while ensuring compliance and providing exceptional services to children.
· Work one-on-one with 2 -3-year-old children receiving Early Intervention services under the direct supervision of Special Education Teachers and certified personnel
· Adhere to Health & Wellness policies to ensure a Safe Environment
· Monitor classroom supplies and follow daycare procedures for child safety
· Participate in training and educational modules on autism and training in ABA Therapy
· Collaborate with related service providers including Speech Therapists, Occupation Therapists, and other professionals
· Ensure compliance with governmental authorities in all operational practices and compliance with state regulations
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities
· Passion for our mission in helping children reach their full potential and core values.
· Previous experience with children with Special Needs
· ABA experience a plus
· Eager to pursue a career in the field of special education
· Punctual and Professional
· Adaptable in a fast-paced environment
· High School Diploma (Required)
· Must be able to lift 40 lbs and monitor the safety of a child
· Bilingual in Spanish and English a plus
· Full Time: Monday - Friday 7:45 am - 5:30 pm (with a 45 minute lunch break)
· Part Time AM: Monday - Friday 7:45 am -12:50 pm
· Part Time PM: Monday - Friday 12:50 pm - 5:30 pm
We hope to see candidates that share our passion for helping children with special needs and working with our Bronx community.
Learn more at www.mccarton.org