The Behavior Specialist- Children’s Residential provides direct person-centered behavioral services the children’s program residential setting and consultation services, as needed. Behavioral services include behavioral support planning, direct intervention, and skill development. The Behavior Specialist also provides staff and family training and oversight of plan implementation. Behavior Specialists in this role will be provided the supervision necessary to obtain the BCBA and NYS LBA certifications.
Work Hours: Full Time (Second Shift, 40 hours- one weekend day)
• Participate in the day-to-day operations of the residential environment
• Conduct Functional Behavior assessments and develop function based behavior support plans using evidence based methods.
• Develop program supports based on evidence based practices and curriculum based assessments
• Coaching and supporting the residential team to increase socially significant behavior and achieve individualized goals
• Provide consultation, teaching and training opportunities to interdisciplinary team members
• Review relevant ABA research; review relevant Anderson Center and OPWDD documents and ensure compliance
• Prepare behavioral support summaries for response to intervention
• Involvement in all aspects of crisis management until resolution
• Provide behavioral and therapeutic services to a wide range of clientele
• Communicate important behavioral information to parents/guardians and multidisciplinary team professionals
• Create/utilize databases
• Requires evenings and one weekend day.
• Bachelor’s Degree in Psychology, Applied Behavior Analysis, or other related field
• Enrolled in a Master's Degree program with ABA focus preferred
• Background and training in ABA preferred
• Experience working with individuals who are dually diagnosed with developmental disabilities and mental health issues preferred
• High level of organizational skills
• Ability to work effectively (both autonomously and as part of a team)
• Outstanding written and verbal communication skills
This position description in no way states or implies that the responsibilities listed are the only duties to be performed by the person filling this position. The person in the position may be required to perform other duties as necessitated by the situation or requested by his/her supervisor.
Anderson Center for Autism offers our Employees a generous benefits package: https://www.andersoncenterforautism.org/human-resources/benefits-package/
Anderson Center for Autism is committed to provide a diverse workforce by ensuring that discrimination barriers to equal employment opportunity and upward mobility do not exist here. Equal opportunity means employment, development, and promotion of individuals without consideration of race, color, disability, religion, age, gender, gender identity or expression, marital status, national origin, sexual orientation, veteran status, or citizenship status, unless there is a bona fide occupational requirement which excludes a person in one of these protected groups. EOE